Vapour Blasting Services
Vapour blasting is a process where a slurry (mixture of abrasive media and water) is pumped at very high flow rates to a nozzle. At the nozzle a high volume flow of air is introduced and this propels the slurry mixture onto the component to be cleaned. A multitude of finishes can be produced by using different blast media, slurry flow rates, air flow/pressure, nozzle diameters and distance from the gun.
Vapour blasting has many advantages over conventional sandblasting, some are listed below:
• The slurry acts to wash the parts, rather than abrade the surface
• No media is impregnated into the surface with vapour blasting, critical for cylinder heads and pistons
• The process creates no dust or static build-up
• Our machine filters broken media out so the finish remains consistent as the media wears/breaks down
Vapour Blasting Equipment
All our equipment is owned by NWVB and all work is carried out in-house.
We never outsource any work so you are guaranteed your parts only stay in our workshops. In order to provide the most professional results we have only the best equipment in a clean and modern environment. Any visit is welcome as we are proud of our facilities and standard of work we produce.
• Vixen 1215 with all upgrades
• 4kW slurry pump using our own in-house designed and manufactured pump head unit
• Selection of air and media nozzles for different finishes
• 3kW heated media tank
• Closed loop wash and water/debris paper element filter system
• Variable slurry and air delivery to optimise surface finishes
• Selection of different media on the shelf (glass bead, zirconia bead, aluminium oxide, others on 24hr order)
• Maximum part weight: 250kg
• Maximum part dimensions: 1200mm x 1100mm x 900mm (corner